During 8th-12th November Ancestry are offering free access to many of their military records.
The latest newsletter from The National Archives gives prominent mention of their new WWI Portal.
I see tickets for February's WDYTYA? Fair have gone on sale.
Here's the latest National Library of Ireland newsletter.
The November newletter from the IHGS is now available (and very useful it is, too).
Check out these OS London maps.
And here's a little bit more London news.
The S&N's e-newsletter is always worth a look.
Irish researchers may wish to check this out from Ancestry - the census stuff is new, I believe.
More Irish stuff: the latest Ireland Reaching Out magazine.
And more new records from Ancestry: WWII Civilian Deaths.
You may wish to check out MyHeritage's latest bulletin.
Thanks to blogger John D Reid for this piece of tithe maps news for researchers in East Sussex/Brighton & Hove (and also West Sussex, Cheshire, Devon, Norfolk, Northumberland and West Yorkshire).
Latest issue of Your Family Tree Magazine.
Here's the Essex Record Office e-bulletin.
Cheshire researchers may wish to peruse this announcement from FamilySearch.
Thanks to blogger Chris Paton for this piece of news about Glasgow's Mitchell Library.
The November issue of Irish Lives Remembered is now up for grabs.
Claire Santry has plenty of Irish news, too, of course...
Latest TNA Podcast.
Worldwide family history round-up from GenealogyInTime.
Wiltshire & London cemetery news from DeceasedOnline.
Seems like that famous old '70s TV series 'Roots' may be making a comeback.
Latest history links round-up from the Two Nerdy History Girls.
Usual weekend stuff from the BBC:
- The week's 'History Headlines';
- Latest Podcast;
- December issue of BBC History Magazine;
- Upcoming history TV & radio.
And your forthcoming events (not many at this time of year!)...
- 13th-30th November - Scotland's History Festival;
- Sunday 17th November - Dorchester Book Fair;
- National Library of Scotland events;
- Upcoming Postcard Fairs. There is also a postcard, cigarette card & stamp fair at Durham County Hall, Durham, DH1 5UL, on Saturday 16th November, 10am-3pm (contact Gareth Burgess on 01368 860365);
- The BBC's 'Things To Do' page.
And keep up-to-date with the latest news at the BI-Gen Twitter feed.