There isn't very much to report on this weekend - at least nothing major. Plenty of minor bits and bobs, though...
First up, there's the latest (and very useful) issue of the IHGS newsletter.
A couple of news items pertaining to Ancestry:
You may wish to keep up with recent developments at brightsolid.
October e-bulletin from Essex Record Office.
Interested in Lancashire, Cheshire or Yorkshire? This lot at FamilySearch has just been uploaded.
And here's the recently-released CWGC October newsletter.
Claire Santry's always-excellent Irish Genealogy News blog has the following stories:
- Ireland's new GRO Research Room opens;
- Some reassuring news for Irish researchers;
- New edition of 'Irish Archives';
- IGPA update;
- Monaghan records.
Check out the latest offers at Historic-Newspapers.co.uk - especially, perhaps, the £5 voucher offer for FindMyPast.
November issue of Family Tree magazine.
Latest issue of WDYTYA? Magazine.
Jacobite Rebellion Ships Lists.
A couple of useful how-to guides:
Those of you with research issues surrounding UK nationality and citizenship may wish to take a look at this TNA post.
A worldwide genealogy round-up from GenealogyInTime.
Hello, this is an interesting one: DNA Memorials.
Entertaining history links round-up from the Two Nerdy History Girls.
Latest from the Beeb:
- First of all, have a look at this: Ancestry.co.uk's tour dates for England;
- Saturday 12th October - Glamorgan FHS Open Day, Merthyr Tydfil;
- Friday 11th & Saturday 12th October - Bath Book Fair;
- Thursday 24th October - Writing Family Histories Worshop, Dundee;
- Upcoming Postcard Fairs (please check with organisers before travelling a long way);
- National Library of Scotland events;
- Ulster history course, Belfast (from 18th Oct);
- Advance notice of the 'Speak Up For Libraries Conference' in London on 23th November;
- The BBC's 'Things To Do' page.
Latest news can be found at the BI-Gen Twitter feed.
Totally non-genealogical and in totally bad taste...